The Multi-Award winning Poddle Pod is a unique multifunctional Pod that was designed by a Mum to help parents settle their little ones. They are available in two sizes (0-6m – 6-36m)
What Makes The Poddle Pod Different To Other Pods & Nests? – Our Pods have a clever hammock in the centre which isn’t filled, which is great for air permeability and gives the “being cradled” feeling which some little ones desperately crave. The natural positioning helps to soothe reflux and colic as well as preventing the startle reflex which can prematurely wake newborns. When your little one has a good quality nap time, they wake up refreshed and happier which can help make parenting easier.
UK Designed & Made – The Poddle Pod is made from 100% cotton and filled with the very best premium hollowfibre filling which is hypoallergenic and anti-fungal, which ensures the very best comfort for your little one. The Pod is supplied with a removable cover (available in lots of designs) which can easily be easily put on or removed via a zipper opening. The Poddle Pod and it’s removable covers are fully machine washable at 30 degrees and can be tumble dried on a low heat, making it super easy to keep clean for busy parents.
As Your Baby Grows, The Poddle Pod Grows With Them – The Poddle Pod was originally designed around a four-month-old baby. When your little one is newborn they will fit directly in the centre of the Pod, but as they grow they are then moved up to use the cushioned end for head support and their legs are draped over and supported by the cushion at the opposite end. Laying in this position ensures they get the cradled sensation and simulates being in your arms.
Multifunctional – You can use the Poddle Pod for many things, but the most popular uses are for naptimes, lounging, tummy time, using with siblings, play time, baby massage, photography, sponge baths, camping, wardrobe and nappy changes and great for taking with you when visiting friends and relatives. Mums have even told us that they have used them in changing rooms to help when taking their baby swimming!
- What is a Poddle Pod? The Poddle Pod is a weight activated snuggle nest, designed to give your baby the feeling of being cradled in your arms. There are two size variations available.
- How do they work? When you place your baby in the Pod, the sides pull in to give them a gentle snuggle, giving you an extra pair of arms whilst your little one naps securely.
- What age are they designed for? The Poddle Pod was designed around a 4 month old baby, The Poddle Pod is ideally used from birth until around 6 months old. As every baby varies in size and development, 6 months is a rough guide. The Toddle Pod is a wider and longer version of the smaller Poddle Pod and is designed to be used with babies from 6 months onwards, but If your baby wears 3-6 month clothing and are confused to which Pod to purchase, we would recommend purchasing the Toddle Pod to ensure you get optimum use.
- Can the Pods be used for unsupervised sleeping? When following the safe sleep guidelines as a general rule we recommend that your baby is always attended in their Pod asleep or awake. A clear cot is a safer cot.
- What is the Poddle Pod made from? The Pods are made from a premium hollowfibre filling which is covered in 100% cotton. These components ensure that the Pod is not only comfortable but breathable too. The removable covers are half 100% cotton and half polyester fleece in a range of colourful designs. You can use the Poddle Pod either way up by just flipping the Poddle Pod over.
- Are they safe? The Poddle Pod Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified: all materials are tested for and free from harmful substances and because of the unique hammock centre, there is no filling there to harbour heat. As well as the standard testing, our Pods have passed risk assessments to be able to be placed in many hospitals and nurseries in the UK.